March 31, 2010

Mama Jan Featured in MFT

I'm lucky enough to be able to write for a great farm publication, Missouri Farmer Today. I do a cook's piece each month and the most recent article was over my mother, Jan Baldwin.

(PHOTO: Mom holding a plate of ghetti. Find the recipe here.)

I thought it fitting that I blog about her because I would not have the love of cooking if it wasn't for her. She taught me so much and I still cherish our times gathered in kitchen making pies, holiday feasts and sharing great family memories over a glass of wine.

It's funny how something as simple as cooking with your kiddos can have such a profound effect on them after they mature and start families of their own.

In our family cooking brought us closer. We would cook dinner, talk about our day and share many laughs over the dinner table.

I hope to share this same tradition with my family someday...take the time tonight and cook a meal with your family. Trust me your children will thank you someday.

No comments: