July 16, 2007

Lane’s Roasted Pork Loin with Asparagus in a Vinaigrette Sauce

I like to experiment in my kitchen and last week was an experiment.

I wanted to make a nice dinner…I had cut out a recipe for a pork loin and asparagus with a vinaigrette and had all the ingredients ready, but then I started looking at the recipe and it just didn’t sound like a winner to me. So, I decided to do an experiment.

I know how to make a vinaigrette, therefore I just made my own little recipe. I also seasoned the pork loin the way I like too and I came up with this recipe.

Lane’s Roasted Pork Loin with Asparagus in a Vinaigrette Sauce

3-4 lb. pork loin
Kosher salt
Pepper
Italian seasonings
Garlic powder
1 lb. asparagus

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Wash and pat dry the pork loin. Lay on plate and generously sprinkle seasonings over one side of meat and rub into the loin well. Turn loin over and sprinkle other side with seasonings and rub the seasonings into the loin. (Be sure not to be bashful with covering the loin in garlic powder and Italian seasonings)

Place loin on a roasting rack and place in over. Cook for 30 minutes per pound. The loin will be done when the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F. Be sure to let the meat rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing so the juices can redistribute throughout.

While the meat is resting preheat oven to 400 degrees. Trim asparagus and place in shallow bowl. Place ¼ cup olive oil, sprinkle some kosher salt and crushed black pepper in bowl and toss.

Place asparagus on baking sheet that has been covered in alumni foil. Roast asparagus for about 8 minutes.

Drizzle sliced pork and asparagus with a Dijon Vinaigrette Sauce.

Dijon Vinaigrette Sauce
1/3 c red wine vinegar
2/3 c olive oil
1 clove minced garlic
1 T. minced parsley
1 T. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp black pepper

No comments: