May 1, 2006

Lemon Pie Recipe, Finally Here

Lemon Divine
by Lane

3/4 c. sugar
3 tbls. cornstarch
1 c. water
1 tsp. grated lemon peel
1/3 c. lemon juice
2 egg yolks beaten
4 oz. cream cheese
1 c. heavy cream
1/4 c. sugar

In a saucepan combine 3/4 c. sugar, cornstarch, water, lemon juice, lemon peel and egg yolks over medium heat. Blend well and cook until mixture becomes thick. Remove from heat after it is think. Add cream cheese, stir and mix well. Cool off to the side.

Prepare heavy cream and 1/4 c. sugar. Beat until it forms stiff peaks. Fold cream onto lemon mixture. Spoon onto cooked pie pastry.

Chill for at least two hours. Garish with lemon or grated lemon peel.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds great. I'll have to try it one evening this week. I really enjoy checking your blog during the day... so many great recipes to choose from!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see your pie recipe up. I have been waiting to try it.

Anonymous said...

I tried the lemon pie and I loved it!!! I usually think most lemon pies are too tart, but the cream cheese and sugar made this just right!

GREAT JOB!

Lane said...

Great to hear! I agree I'm usually not a big lemon pie eater either, but I love this PIE!!!

Anonymous said...

The pie was wonderful, Lane! It received rave reviews from Nathan and all of his extended family. Even the kids loved it, and Nathan's mom said it was the perfect light dessert for the summer. I love your blog! You are helping me win over Nathan's family:).