February 28, 2006

Fettuccine to the Rescue

This is a favorite dish around my house, actually it is the most loved meal of all. I came up with this dish while experimenting in my kitchen while I was in college. I wanted my own Alfredo sauce that I came up with myself. After many meals of fettuccine, I finally have the ultimate perfect sauce.

This sauce is rich- but is totally worth it. If you on a diet, don't even try to count the calories and fat in this meal. But, to me food is meant to be enjoyed not ignored.

Salmon Fettuccine

4 tbs. butter
2 ½ c. heavy cream (the best your can find)
½ c. grated Parmesanan cheese, plus extra for garnish (the best you can find)
Salt and pepper
½ tsp Oregano
1 tb Parsley, plus extra to garnish
1/2 tsp basil
1 package of the best fettuccine you have available
2 -3 salmon filets
½ c. dry white wine

Salmon:
In a skillet run 1 tsp. of olive oil around pan. Place salmon in skillet and pour wine over it and add salt and pepper to preference. Cook salmon thoroughly (till fish turns white all the way through and wine has cooked down.) Flake off the salmon pieces and place in separate bowl away from heat.

Noodles:
Cook fettuccine to recommended directions. Be sure to add ½ tsp olive oil and ½ tsp salt in water before adding the noodles.

Alfredo Sauce:
In a medium saucepan melt butter, add cream and cheese. Bring sauce to a boil, constantly stirring. Add all seasoning, tasting to see if there needs to be more salt added. When the mixture thickens to your liking add flaked salmon and toss lightly.

Drain noodles and place in a large casserole dish. Pour sauce mixture over noodles and toss lightly together. Place in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Take out and garnish top of dish with Parmesan cheese and parsley. Serve immediately.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This must be one rich dish- with all that heavy cream. I bet it's good though.