May 22, 2008

Spain Here We Come

My husband and I leave tomorrow morning for a long awaited vacation in Spain. A three week vacation to be exact.


Why Spain? Well, as you've probably read on my blog before, my husband's mother was born and raised in Madrid, Spain. She moved over to the US after marrying my husband's father. They live now in Mt. Vernon, MO.

We are traveling over to Spain with my in-laws and will have the opportunity to meet my husband's family in Spain, which will also be their first time he will meet his family in Spain as well.

We are very excited and have been packing for about a week now. My lovely girlfriends are taking care of our "kids" while we are away, as well as watering my gardens and flowers. Thank goodness for great friends.

I will not be posting anything on the blog until June 13, when I return from vacation, so here's a recipe to leave you with.


1/4 cup of soy sauce
1/2 cup of water
1 tbs. brown sugar
1/2 garlic clove
1/2 tsp. of ginger

Mix ingredients. Add meat and turn occasionally for best results. Marinade 6 hours in refrigerator. Broil or grill.

No comments: