May 21, 2008

Friendship 4-Ever

I am very fortunate to have a group of very good friends. It’s funny how we develop and grow our group of friends through the years. I have high school friends, college friends, work friends and then friends that have come into my life many other ways.

(PHOTO: Lane, Ginger, Tyne and Kala at MU Graduation.)

One of my best friends, Lesley, is now married to a wonderful guy and just finished up her Masters in Oklahoma. She was my maid of honor in my wedding and I in her wedding. Although she doesn’t live close, she remains one of the true people that know me and who I am.

Then there are my three girlfriends that I am constantly with as they live close by. Kala, Danielle and Tyne I met all through my previous job at the Brownfield Farm Radio Network. These three girls mean very much to me. We are together as much as possible, but that is getting ready to change…why?

Well, Tyne finally graduated from MU this past weekend. It was kinda strange at graduation- watching her graduate finally because I first met her when she came to Brownfield for an internship. She was a little sophomore in college then, now she is a graduate that will be starting at Monsanto in June. Where does the time go?

Wherever the time goes, I’m very fortunate to have a wonderful group of friends in my life.

To celebrate my very wonderful friends here’s a recipe that’s perfect for any summer BBQ with friends.

BBQ Chicken

4-6 chicken breasts
1 cup of Your Favorite BBQ Sauce
¼ cup beer
½ tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp chili powder
½ tsp. lime chipotle powder

Mix everything together. Place chicken in a bowl with the mixture. Let chicken marinate for at least 2 hours.

Get grill nice and hot and grill ‘em up.

Umm..so good.

No comments: