March 2, 2007

Paula Deen Stikes Again

Yesterday I got an email from a lady at Hoffman Media, a company that handles public relations for Paula Deen. The lady thanked me for my enthusiasm for Paula Deen and asked me if I would be interested in receiving a care package of all of Paula Deen's magazines. “Of coarse,” was my reply back.

I was very surprised to be offered such a nice gift. I will say Paula has some very good people working for her.

I also started planning a trip to Savannah, Georgia for June. I plan on surprising my mother with a vacation for the two of us in Savannah for her birthday. The vacation is more like a “Paula Deen Getaway.”

I’m planning on taking in lunch at the Lady & Sons Restaurant and Uncle Bubba’s, taking a tour of old Savannah (the Paula Deen Tour) and hopefully getting tickets to one of the tapings of Paula’s Party. I sent in my request yesterday for tickets to one of the tapings for the end of June.

If anyone has any other great suggestions for a Savannah trip please let me know. It will be my first visit to Georgia and I’m very exciting. There is nothing that would make the trip better then getting tickets to the television show, I know that would really make the trip a "hoot" for my mother. I’ll keep you posted and let everyone know something when I hear back!

Today’s recipe is one from a fellow co-worker of mine, Myra. This is another great quick and easy meal for us working women and men. I do however make a couple of additions to this recipe. I like to also add thinly sliced red bell pepper and I use fresh garlic instead of the powder. I also add fresh parsley from my herb garden. I love the taste of fresh herbs…they really make any dish “pop.”

Enjoy…until next time.

PASTA SYDNEY
by Myra Verslues

Grill Chicken breast – use salt, pepper and garlic powder for seasoning.

Cook noodles – I usually use Angel hair pasta but any will work.

Cook/Steam either asparagus or broccoli.

In a large skillet, add cut-up chicken breast, cooked noodles and vegetables, 1 tablespoon of butter, one tablespoon of lemon juice, and 1 can of sliced mushrooms or fresh mushrooms.

Sprinkle with parmesan cheese – I usually use quite a bit. Sprinkle with a little more pepper and garlic powder to taste.

Pour approximately 1 cup of olive oil over everything and stir together…. If you need more oil add more because this is the “good” oil. Season to taste. Simmer and serve.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,
I was reading your entry on planning a trip to Savannah with your mother. I would like to take my mother on a similar trip and was wondering if you had any suggestions. How should I get started? I was hoping of planning a weekend trip in Jan or March 2008. Any help would be great!