November 1, 2006

Tis the Season

Happy November 1st!

I can’t believe it’s already that time of the year. I was just thinking this morning how fast this year has flown by. We are now in the season of turkey, pumpkin pie, cranberry sauce, stuffing, presents, mistletoe and family gatherings.

This is truly a wonderful time of the year.

To celebrate I’ve included some recipes that I just came across in my recent Paula Deen magazine and I’m planning on making both for my parent’s upcoming surprise 40th Anniversary Party. I’ve been planning this party with my brothers and their wives for the past four months and we are only three weeks away from the big night. We are expecting over 60 guests, so we will have a lot of cooking to do.

I thought these would be great recipes to pass on with the upcoming holidays because I know everyone is planning what they will be serving at dinners and parties.

Yummy Pie


Cheesy Shrimp Dip
By Paula Deen
Makes 10 to 12 servings

1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
2/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
1 pound medium fresh shrimp, peeled, deveined, and coarsely chopped
1/3 cup sliced green onion
1 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
Assorted Crackers

Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add red bell pepper, and cook 3 minutes. Stir in shrimp and green onion; cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until shrimp are firm and pink. Stir in sour cream, cheeses, and mayonnaise. Spoon mixture into a 2-quart baking dish. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until lightly browned and bubbly. Serve with assorted crackers.

Pomegranate Punch
By Paula Deen
Makes about 7 quarts

2 (32-ounce) bottles pomegranate juice
1 quart orange juice
2 (2-liter) bottles lemon-lime carbonated beverage
Fresh orange slices (optional)

In a large container, combine pomegranate juice and orange juice. Stir in carbonated beverage just before serving. Garnish with fresh orange slices, if desired.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This recipe is soooooo good. I added some pepper, lemon juice and old bay. Awesome and easy!

Anonymous said...

This punch is delicious and so easy!! We used it twice in one week for two holiday parties and everyone raved both times.