October 31, 2006

Another Day, Another Recipe

Yesterday I got home to find a wonderful surprise in the mail for me! The Christmas Edition to Paula Deen’s magazine, Cooking with Paula Deen. This si the third magazine I’ve received and I have enjoyed reading every one of them from front to back. If you are looking for a good Christmas gift for your friends I would highly recommend giving a magazine subscription to this magazine.

I am planning on getting my mother a subscription because she is always reading my issues when she comes up to visit. She loved Paula’s recipes and her new tv show Paula’s Party too.

Yummy Pie


On to another topic, recipes. I received this recipe in a recipe exchange yesterday and thought it sounded very easy and good. I haven’t tried it yet, but plan on doing so this weekend though. If any of you try it before me, however, let me know what the result it.

Italian Bread Roll
By Lura Roti

2 loaves of frozen bread dough (1 pound each and white) thawed
1 package of Pepperoni (pizza style slices)
1 package of Canadian bacon (pizza style slices)
1 package of parmesan cheese shredded (2 cups)
1 package mozzarella cheese shredded (2 cups)


Heat oven to 400 degrees, roll out the two thawed bread rolls on a floured surface-flat into a rectangle shape-layer the Pepperoni, Canadian bacon, and cheeses. Then roll up jelly roll style, pinch the ends and place seam side down on a backing pan-I use a 10x13 Pyrex. You can brush with egg white and sprinkle with salt or sesame seeds if you want- then bake for 20-25 minutes or until it is brown and sounds hollow when tapped. Cut into
3/4 inch slices-serve warm or chilled

THIS IS A Party hit! and I love the leftovers as lunch.

No comments: