September 27, 2006

Cooking with my Co-Workers II

It’s time to see what’s cooking in the Learfield kitchens again.

I love Mexican food, in fact it’s one my family's weekly meals at my house.

I am originally from the Springfield, Mo area. Springfield is home to one of the best Mexican food restaurant chains I have ever eaten at. The chain is called Mexican Villa, and there are about seven locations in city now.

Even time my husband and I are in the area visiting family and friends we are sure to been seen eating at least once at Mexican Villa.

Today, I have two recipes from two of my favorite Learfielders. Georgia has shared her take on beef enchiladas and Shelly has a great pasta recipe that your families will enjoy.

Easy Cheesy Beef Enchiladas
by Georgia Munsterman

1 lb. ground beef
1 jar Thick & Chunky salsa, divided
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
10 flour tortillas

Brown meat, drain. Stir in ½ cup salsa
Add ½ of the cheese
Spread 1 cup salsa in 9 x 13 baking dish.
Place ¼ meat mixture down center of each tortilla, (seam side down) on salsa.

Top with remaining salsa and cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.

Stuffed Pasta Shells
by Shelly Voss

12 uncooked Jumbo Pasta Shells

Stuffing:
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 small onion
Salt/Pepper
1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 pkg. (3 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup taco sauce
1/2 cup taco sauce (needed separately)

Topping:
1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 cup crushed corn chips
2-3 medium green onion tops
1/2 cup sour cream (if desired)

Directions: Boil Jumbo Pasta shells for 11-13 minutes until shells are tender. While shells are boiling brown the ground beef with salt, pepper, and onion to taste. Drain when finished. Place back in skillet and stir in chili powder, cream cheese, and 1/4 cup taco sauce into the beef. Cook with medium heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring until cheese is melted. Remove skillet from heat. Heat oven to 350 degrees and spray a baking dish. Fill shells with beef mixture and place in baking dish. Pour the 1/2 cup taco sauce over the shells. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 20 minutes. Sprinkle with Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, corn chips, and onion tops. Bake another 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted. You can add sour cream once done baking if desired.

3 comments:

Jean said...

These sound amazing! Thank your co-workers for their yummy recipes! :)

Lane said...

Will do Jean.

Do you have a good recipe for French Onion Soup? I've tried sooo many recipes and tried doing things differently and I jsut can't get the soup to taste like I want it...Any suggestions?

Jean said...

Hmmm...I've only had french onion soup once, years ago and my husband made it. If I come across any recipes, I'll let you know. I think I did see one in the Cooks magazine I get, but I could be making that up too. I'll keep my eyes peeled. :)

have a fabulous weekend!