September 22, 2006

Cooking it Up with Co-Workers

Yummy Pie

At my work I’m putting together a company cookbook. The cookbook is up to around 80 pages now, but I’m guessing there will be well over 100 when we get the book completed.

As I have said many times before, there are some very good cooks here at my work and everyone is sending in their “famous creations” to be included in the cookbook.

Over the next couple of weeks I plan on sharing some of these wonderful Learfielder’s recipes on my blog.

I’m first going to start with one of favorites! If you have never had Puppy Chow before you are missing out….this was one of favorite snack items in college. My girlfriends and I would make a huge batch and it wouldn’t last very long.

Also, Beth has a great recipe for funnel cakes….Ummm…it takes me back to the local and state fairs that just got over with. Nothing’s better than going to the Missouri State Fair and ordering freshly squeezed lemonade, a corndog and a funnel cake.

Puppy Chow
by Karla Mantle

1 – 12 oz. bag of chocolate chips
1 – 14 oz. box Crispix or Chex cereal
1 stick margarine, melted
1 to 3 C. powdered sugar
¾ to 1 C. peanut butter

Melt chocolate chips, margarine and peanut butter. Pour over cereal and stir until coated. When cool, pour coated cereal into a baggie or paper bag. Add powdered sugar. Shake to coat.

FUNNEL CAKES
by Beth Schoeneberg


2 Beaten Eggs
1 ½ C Milk
Mix the above together

2 C Sifted Flour
1 tsp Baking powder
1tsp Salt

2 Cups cooking oil
Electric skillet

Place above ingredients in a mixing bowl – Add the egg & milk mixture stir or mix until smooth.

Using a funnel, pour batter into hot grease – 350 or more. Cook 3 min on each side or until golden brown.

Top with powdered sugar, strawberries, flavored jelly or jam - whatever your taste.

No comments: