July 10, 2006

Rosemary makes everything taste that much better

Yummy Pie

Ahhhh...Rosemary. I think it is one of my favorite herbs to use...Especially on lamb, pork and chicken. This herb gives the chicken a nice "nutty" flavor that I love. I have six rosemary plants in my herb garden. I like to cut springs and then place them in the freezer in a freezer bag...nomatter how old the rosemary stays fresh, much like basil does when you freeze it.

This is a easy rub to use on chicken and makes a beautiful meal.

Rosemary Lemon Rub for Chicken

by Lane

2 T. olive oil
3 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary, plus one 4 inch sprig
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
Zest from ½ lemon grated
1 tsp. kosher salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
1 lemon, halved

Before roasting the chicken, combine ingredients in a small bowl. Use fingers to loosen skin from chicken. Spread mixture evenly under the skin in the breasts, thighs and drumsticks. Place the lemon halves and rosemary sprig inside the cavity. Roast the chicken until done.

No comments: