April 21, 2006

My favorite food as a kid...and as an adult

When I was a kid my favorite food ever was my mom's homemade mac 'n cheese. Even though I'm grown now, I still can't turn it down.

Mama’s Mac ‘n Cheese
Cook one package macaroni in salted water with three cloves or garlic. Cook al denta. Add 5 tbs. of butter to macaroni and mix.

Mix together 2 c. of milk, 4 tbs. flour, 1 tsp. pepper and 2 tsp. salt.

Butter casserole dish add macaroni and milk mixture. Slice up 1 lb. of cheeses (mozzarella, cheddar, American) and place within the macaroni. Sprinkle top of macaroni with paprika.

Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Top of dish should be nicely golden brown.

1 comment:

BRN2SELL said...

my favorite as a kid and as an adult ... I still think it is Chicken Caccatore ... but I know that my daughter will love your mac and cheese recipe ... maybe for dinner on wed ... thanks, Mark