December 20, 2005

It's Holiday Baking Time

This is my favorite time because everyone is baking and cooking wonderfully delicious goodies. This photo is a tray I made of Almond Bark Popcorn, Pumpkin Bread and Muffins, Cranberry Muffins, and Lemon Poppyseed Bread for neighbors and work. I'm going to share my grandmother's recipe for Pumpkin Bread (or what us southerns call Punkin Bread). This recipe goes way back in the family and comes out perfect everytime.

Baldwin Pumpkin Bread

3 C. Sugar
3 1/2 C. Flour
1 C. Oil (1/2 vegetable, 1/2 sunflower oil)
2/3 C. Water
2 cups Pumpkin
4 eggs well beaten
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons soda
1 teaspoon nutmeg (1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg)
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon (1 teaspoon grated cinnamon)

Mix well about 50 strokes. Stir in nuts (I like walnuts). Fill in bread pan half full and bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour.

No comments: