August 24, 2009

Another State Fair Down

I apologize for the blog not being updated for awhile. Each year during this time I sorta blank out because of the Missouri State Fair. We just got back today from the fair and I am so thankful for another fair to be done.


At the fair I help organize and run the Missouri State Fair Farmers' Market, which takes a lot of work and time. Plus, this year we added local food cooking demos to the area. I conducted 7 cooking demos and they went very well. I'm amazed how each time a do one it gets easier and easier.

We had both professional and amateur chefs and all demos were very well attended. Missouri Farmer Today had a nice article about the area, as well as a tv report from KOMU TV.

One of the four different recipes I demonstrated was a very quick and simple recipe for what I call "dressed-up tomatoes." This is how we like to eat tomatoes at our house. I coudl actually make a dinner out of eating tomatoes and veggies!

Dress-Up Tomatoes
By Lane

3-4 different heirloom tomatoes, sliced
feta cheese, herb flavored
balsamic vinegar
basil leaves, chopped
kosher salt

On a tray, plate your tomato slices. Sprinkle with a little kosher salt, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with feta cheese and fresh basil.

* This is a very easy way to add some zing to a simple plate of tomatoes.

No comments: