December 31, 2007

Chocolate Zucchini Bread

Every year we make New Year Resolutions…to loose weight, to eat healthier, to be kinder, to call family more, to give back to the community…the sad thing is most of these good intentioned resolutions are never followed through with.

So, I don’t make New Year Resolutions. Instead I make promises to myself throughout the year that I try to achieve. That way I never have to think about all the resolutions I break every year…I just think about all the wonderful things I accomplished. To me life is about focusing on the positive.

Whatever your New Year plan are this year….I wish you safe and Happy New Year!

Chocolate Zucchini Bread
2 c. sugar
¾ c. vegetable oil
3 large eggs, beaten
2 (1oz) squares semisweet chocolate, melted
2 c. grated zucchini
1 tsp. vanilla
3 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. baking powder
1 c. miniature semisweet morsels

Preheat 325 degrees.

Grease 2 loaf pans. In a large bowl- beat sugar, oil, eggs and melted chocolate. Stir in zucchini and vanilla.

In a small bowl- sift flour, baking powder and soda. The stir flour mix into the large bowl until smooth. Stir in miniature chocolate morsels.

Bake for 45-55 minutes.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

My most successful resolution was to make a new recipe each week in 2007. Now if I can just get better at planning menus in 2008, I'll be pretty happy!

Have a happy new year!