June 4, 2007

BBQ Pork Chops

I’ve got something that’s going to be perfect for you next bbq…maybe even try this one out this weekend.

If there is one thing I love it’s good bbq and Ms. Paula has another great bbq recipe to add to the books. I’m using this one this weekend for a bbq party at my house with some good friends…it’s sure to be a hit! I’ll be serving Paula’s Buttermilk Pound Cake with Fresh Strawberries and Whipped Cream for dessert.

You’ll have to wait until tomorrow for that recipe though!

Barbecue-style Pork Chops
By Paula Deen

6 pork chops, trimmed of fat
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
One 14 ½ ounce can whole tomatoes, crushed
½ cup ketchup
¼ cup dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons prepared mustard
½ teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown pork chops in oil. Drain, then place in a 13x9 inch baking dish. Combine remaining ingredients and spoon over chops. Bake for 45 minutes. Great served with macaroni and cheese!

No comments: