May 11, 2007

Beer in the Rear Chicken

I’ve got a great summer treat this Friday!

Have you ever had Beer in the Rear Chicken? Well, if you have not, it’s time to try something new. It’s makes a fun picnic recipe that everyone will enjoy. And the best part...it's a waaay country recipe. I bet you won't see this on the menu at a fancy city resturant.

I even have a beer can holder for the chicken my mother bought my brothers and I for Christmas that works great. You can purchase these at many kitchen places, but my came from Bass Pro Shop.

Beer in the Rear Chicken
By Lane


1 (3-pound) chicken
Olive OilSeasoned salt, Lawry’s is what I use 1 tsp. garlic powder
Salt and pepper1 (12-ounce) can beer, whatever will do1 sprig Rosemary
1 spring Thyme

If you are using a charcoal grill, get coals ready.

Wash the chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Coat the chicken in olive oil, wash hands. Place all seasonings in bowl and stir around. Coat the chicken with the seasonings and be sure to really rub the seasonings into the meat, wash hands.

Pop open the beer, take a drink…then insert the thyme and rosemary spring into the beer can. Place the beer can into the cavity of the chicken. Place on grill and cook for about 48 minutes (Be safe and use an instant read thermometer. Turn the chicken around if necessary.

No comments: