January 11, 2007

Tortellini Alfredo with Prosciutto and Artichoke Hearts

I love pasta. As a kid my brothers would call me noodle head because all I wanted to eat was pasta. Spaghetti, lasagna, mac n’ cheese, even plain pasta with some sprinkles of parmesan cheese made me happy.

I have acquired quite a few pasta cookbooks through the years. From making homemade pasta (which I still have never tried) to creating the perfect cream sauce, these cookbooks are stacked full of great Italian recipes.

So, when I was putting together our company cookbook this past year and I came across a tortellini recipe that Clarice submitted I was intrigued.

I love pasta. I love prosciutto. And I love artichokes. This was a recipe for me. I was quite surprised to find how easy this recipe was. You know me, I like to add some ingredients to every recipe. On this dish I also added 1 clove of smashed garlic, ½ teaspoon of salt and pepper and 1 dash of basil.

Thanks for another great recipe Clarice!

Tortellini Alfredo with Prosciutto and Artichoke Hearts
by Clarice Brown


Makes up to 4 to 6 servings
Prep: 10 mins., Cook: 35 mins.

2 (9-oz) packages refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
1 cup whipping cream
½ cup (2 oz.) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
3 strips prosciutto, chopped
3 marinated artichoke hearts, sliced

Cook tortellini according to package directions, drain and set aside.

Heat cream in a large skillet over low heat. Gradually sprinkle in cheese, stirring constantly, until blended. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes.

Add tortellini, prosciutto, and artichoke hearts; simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 to 10 minutes or until sauce is slightly reduced. Serve Immediately.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I've had something similar to this at Flat Branch before....just a different pasta I believe. It's so good! I may have to try this on a new recipe night :)