October 27, 2006

Stuffed Peppers Make an Easy Dinner

It’s a cold and rainy Friday in Mid-Missouri today. It’s times like these that I want to be curled up with a warm blanket and a great cup of coffee reading a book or watching a great movie.

I’ve got some more recipes from some of my co-workers to share today. I tried these stuffed peppers the other night and they were great and can be fixed in a snap. I will add some diced onions, cheese, different colored peppers and some Italian seasonings to the mixture when I make it again though, that’s just my own preference. This recipe coudl also be served an an appetizer.

Also, I’ve included another cookie recipe. Christmas is just around the corner and it’s time to get to baking for our neighbors friends and family. I’ve already started pulling out my holiday recipes to get started with what and whom I will be baking for. I put together baskets of baking goods for some of my neighbors and co-workers each year, plus I enjoy making family gift bags of goodies too. These are great Christmas gifts that are cheap and are much better than some gift you bought because they come from your own kitchen and are made with love.

Happy Baking!

Yummy Pie


Stuffed Peppers
by Randy and Emma Williams

1 pound ground beef
1 8oz. tomato sauce
½ c. instant rice
1 egg
½ tsp. salt, pepper, garlic powder
½ c. ketchup

Hollow out 4 green peppers. Mix all ingredients together. It will seem unusual to put raw meat and uncooked rice, in the peppers but fill them up to the brim. Place in microwaveable container and cook on high for 12-16 minutes. We add ketchup to the tops and cook a few minutes more. This is super simple, and looks great for company meals.

Yummy Pie


Helen’s Melt In Your Mouth Sugar Cookies
by Karla Mantle


1 C. sugar
1 C. vegetable oil
1 C. oleo
1 T. vanilla
2 eggs
1 tsp. Almond flavoring
5 C. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cream of tartar
1 ½ tsp. salt
1 C. powdered sugar

Cream oleo and sugar. Add eggs, oil, vanilla and almond flavoring. Mix until smooth. Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Chill dough. Shape into small balls. Press with glass that you have dipped into granulated sugar. Bake at 350 degrees until light brown (very light). Makes about 10 dozen.

No comments: